- Draws HVAC Air Flow and Hydronic Schematics
- Allows Unlimited System Arrangements
- Hundreds of Component Makes Are Provided
- Schedules Can be English, Metric or both unit systems
- Intelligent Components Communicate with Each Other
- Supports Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylene Glycol, & Steam
- A dual season Imposed Load component for modeling change-over systems
- Multiple Imposed Load graphic types for modeling varied hydronic systems
- Creates Schedules for All Types of Equipment
- Schedules Can be DXF Files or Spreadsheet Files
- Taco LoadMatch® single pipe system automated design feature
- Calculates Boiler Flue Sizes
- Includes Air and Fluid PropertyCalculator
- Includes Fan and Pump Law Analyzer
- New! Links with Chvac and Rhvac
HVAC Solution is a schematic diagramming and database tool for laying out the equipment involved in an hvac system. It is the only program of its kind in the world. A complex hvac system often involves one or more chillers, boilers, cooling towers, numerous air handlers, fans, coils, pumps and more. All of these air flow and hydronic items have to be carefully selected and coordinated with one another. HVAC Solution lets you drag detailed icons of these components and place them on the page and then connect them with schematic pipe lines. Each of the components contains performance and sizing data that is maintained with the component.
More than just drawing pretty pictures, HVAC Solution is also an intelligent database. All pertinent data can be entered and maintained through pop-up forms for every component in the system. Once connected together, each component automatically communicates information back and forth to the other components. This allows the software to guide the designer on making sure the components are matched up and coordinated correctly. As the system diagram and database is being built, all the data is being updated and saved for quick retrieval or sharing with other applications.
The end result is that you have full color presentation quality hydronic and airflow schematics as well as equipment schedules for construction documents and drawings.
The Chvac load calc program calculates a great deal of the data needed to define a system in the HVAC Solution schematic diagramming program. Traditionally, this data has simply been transferred using a manual entry process. Now, there is an automated process whereby HVAC Solution can import all the relevant Chvac data system by system into the HVAC Solution software such that HVAC schematic diagrams are automatically generated. See a video demo of this process here and view more details on Chvac here.
- Added Revit Import of Equipment Schedules Feature
- Include the new Taco FI/CI2510C models and updated the FI/CI2509 to the FI/CI2509C
- Allow pipe temperature to be input even if the season appears to not be used
- Changed flow calculations, allowing for different delta T’s in cross mains and not having the order of connection affect the calculations
- When outputting the DXF of a schedule file, put each page in a different file
- Force registration for all versions except Taco's versions
- Added new Taco controllers (CHB1, CHB2, GHP1, HPM1)
- Added higher steam pressure data
- Changed the LoadMatch and TacoLoad wizards to allow each load to be a different type and allow each loop to have different leaving temperatures
- Created a subloop wizard, based on the LoadMatch subloops
- Added airflow portion to active chilled beams, fan coils, fluid-to-air heat pumps, dual-duct terminal units, fan-powered terminal units, and single-duct terminal units
- Added selection of Spirax Sarco steam relief valves.
- Added selection of Spirax Sarco steam control valves.
- Added control valves to the steam generation wizard.
- Added selection of Spirax Sarco hydronic flowmeters.
- Added selection of ClimateMaster fluid-to-air heat pumps.
- Added selection of ClimateMaster fluid-to-fluid heat pumps.
- Added active chilled beams.
- Added selection of Dadanco active chilled beams, including download related documents.
- Added active chilled beams to the Taco LoadMatch and Taco Load Import wizards.
- Added conversion of imposed loads to active chilled beams.
- Added selection of Titus single duct, dual duct, and fan powered terminal units, including download related documents.
- Added larger pipe sizes for Aquatherm's Climatherm pipe.
- Added space option to calculate supply airflow based on an air change rate.
- Added steam flowmeters with Spirax Sarco selection.
- Allow individual selection of Spirax Sarco steam traps, automatic pump traps, pressure reducing valves, mechanical condensate pumps and steam flowmeters.
- Changed user interface and selection to highlight Spirax Sarco products.
- Added steam flowmeters to the steam generation wizard.
- Updated Taco plate and frame heat exchanger selection.
- Schedule pump flanges on a separate schedule and list them as a separate item on the bill of materials.
- Enhanced how boiler source medium is handled.
- Added electrical information for electric boilers.
- Changed air handler wizards to set the fan airflow portion based on the number of fans instead of user input.
- Changed the width of the type field in the louver equipment schedule.
New Features in Pro Version 5.6
- GRD's Grilles, Registers and Diffusers, are now part of the software.
- Color Customization of ductwork and pipes; show them any colors you want.
- Added just for the SUN, new 4 and 6 connection tanks for solar designs.
- Remember: You can design 20 of the 39 ASHRAE Green Tips using HVAC Solution.
- Layout and size medium and low pressure ductwork! Not only to the space, as in the past, but now to and from each Grille, Register and Diffuser. Yes! They are colored like most components.
New Features in Pro Version 5.5
- Ability to download related documents.
- Added new heat exchanger types for steam.
- Updated Taco TC and KS1016 pump selection.
- Updated Taco LMB selection.
- Changed hydronic head loss information to separate component data into major/minor and have the piping only be pipes.
- Removed question to view properties when selecting equipment for the entire project.
- Added face size to louver key data page.
New Features in Pro Version 5.4
- LoadMatch wizard enhancements
- Updated plate and frame heat exchanger selection
- New LOFlo Mixing Block selection
- New Project Examiner feature
- New Indirect Tank Heater components (single and dual source)
- New Steam Generation Wizard
- New Taco LOFlo Design option (similar to the Taco LoadMatch Design option)
- Allow components to be able to move forward and backward like shapes
New Features in Pro Version 5.3
Air handler wizards enhancements
- build separate system for terminal heat pumps.
- added hydronic control valve options
- added customizable hydronic generation
- added couplings to separate coils from generation equipment
- allow air handler coils to be optional
- allow cooling coil and evaporative cooler to both exist
Hydronic generation wizard enhancements
- added option to build for inclusion with or without a generation loop
- added couplings to separate generation equipment
Data file linking enhancements
- added data linking for Chvac ASCII Spreadsheet files
- added data linking for gbXML files
- added data linking for Trane files
- added data linking for Radiant Works files
- added PEX piping
- enhanced blowdown separator
And Much MORE!!!!!!
Added Solar Collector. Design a domestic solar water heating system today! WOW! Color customization of annotation text: heating, cooling and all season can now have Color! Now import your loads from Trane/Trace and Elite/Chvac with our enhanced air handler wizard. Enhanced Air Handler Wizard. Added heat exchangers, control and balancing valves, and fluid types. Added space transfer air calculations and schedule, track air flow from space to space, WAY NICE! Spaces now indicate positive or negative pressurization, IT’S ABOUT TIME! Select Unico Fan Coils, Chillers and Heat pumps in your next design. New customizable grid to better help you lay out your projects. New TACO LoFlo Mixing Block and many other TACO requested items added. Electric components added, Terminal box, unit heaters, finned radiators and panel radiators. Updated Twin City Fan selection and added dual duct and fan powered terminal units. Added option for multiple purpose valve, balancing valve, and control valve in hydronic wizards. Added fluid type to hydronic wizards. Added expansion tank and air separator when using closed circuit cooling towers with water-cooled chillers. Changed multiple purpose valves to get ID from pump instead of load. And much more.
- Control points schedule
- Enhanced air handler wizard, such as multiple fans, filters, sound traps, exhaust, etc.
- Added selection of FHP fluid-to-air heat pumps and fluid-to-fluid heat pumps.
- Added selection of Phoenix airflow control valves.
- Added "Select Alternate" to more components.
- Added import function for gbXML, Elite and Taco.
- New method of handling manufacturers for deaerators, fan coils, boilers, fluid-to-air heat pumps, fluid-to-fluid heat pumps, and airflow control valves.
- Williams fan coil selection
- Aerco boiler selection
- Aquatherm piping
- New Arrow shapes in drawing tool bar
- Added time saving Hydronic LoadMatch wizard
- Added automatic software updating
- Added setting of the default project pipe material
- Added ability to connect the primary side of a twin tee to loads
- Added hydraulic separator component
- Added new imposed load type
- Updated steam boiler types for Cleaver-Brooks
- Dry cooler – A brand new hydronic component.
- Storage tank (open and closed systems, 2 connections) – Finish off your hydronic system with this very requested component.
- Air handler evaporative cooler (direct and indirect) – Save energy in a dry climate using an evaporative cooler.
- Air handler/rooftop unit/airflow heat recovery (rotary wheel, fixed plate, membrane plate and heat pipe – A green building design tool.
- Rooftop unit evaporative cooler (direct and indirect).
Functionality Enhancements in Pro Version 3.2
- Improved interface for exporting Coordination Files – Much easier to export files for use in Word, Excel and AutoCAD.
- Improved Manage Coordination interface and filtering – Choose which report items to turn on and off.
- Electrical Coordination Schedule – Generate a schedule for coordinating mechanical needs to be sent to the electrical side of the project.
- Bill of Materials – Can you say, cost estimate?
- Push the “Esc” button to halt calculations – A graceful way to halt a long calculation so that you can get back to work.
Other Recent Enhancements (Pro Version 3.1 and Earlier)
- Key data tabs – Oh baby you are going to love this one. Edit data faster, stronger and better!
- Zoom window – Zoom in on a small area, no more panning around!
- Flow, load, or delta T direct entry – Pick any two variables to enter load, flow or temperature. The others will be calculated. The very handy feature is worth the purchase price alone.
- Heat pump COP and EER flow adjustments – Have a heat pump? Let HVAC Solution help you calculate the flow by automatically making flow adjustments required for the heat of absorption and heat of rejection.
- Taco steam-to-steam heat exchangers – Did we say steam? Yes we did!
- Smith boilers – A superior boiler for your project and selectable from within HVAC Solution.
- RBI boilers – Do you need a copper water tube boiler for automatically select and schedule one now!
- SpiraxSarco steam traps – Wow steam traps selectable on the fly.
- SpiraxSarco automatic pump traps – Couldn't be any easier to select. A very powerful feature for a powerful product.
- SpiraxSarco mechanical condensate pumps – It’s easy to select them from within HVAC Solution.
- SpiraxSarco steam PRVs – Tired of catalogs? Want to live in this century? Now you can select steam PRVs right from within HVAC Solution.
- New Steam Components – Here they are, a whole new array of components for steam including steam-to-steam heat exchanger, steam traps, mechanical condensate pumps, steam piping and most everything else you need to design steam systems.
Existing users of HVAC Solution version can upgrade to version 4.4 for a significant discount off the full price. Upgrade pricing is available from Elite Software for the Hydronic, Lite, and Pro versions.
HVAC Solution has beautiful detailed icons for all these types of components: air handlers, supply fans, return fans, return-relief fans, relief fans, outside air fans, exhaust fans, pumps, hydronic boilers, air cooled chillers, water cooled chillers, expansion tanks, air separators, cooling towers, heat exchangers, cooling tower sumps, dampers, heating coils, cooling coils, roof hoods, louvers, terminal boxes, panel radiation, finned radiation, unit heaters, and fan coils. Using HVAC Solution involves the following steps:
- Drag and drop components onto the page.
- Enter specific component information at each component.
- Connect components in schematic form to define component relationships.
- Review the automatically generated schedules for each type of equipment.
- Save the project for later retrieval.
Besides the air flow and hydronic schematics that can be previewed or printed, HVAC Solutions also produces numerous equipment schedules. Just some of the schedules available include: boilers, chillers, air handlers, air separators, coils, cooling towers and dampers. These schedules are provided as both DXF files and spreadsheet files. This makes it easy to just print the schedules, import them directly into drawings and other documents, or manipulate the data further in a spreadsheet.