All Elite Software programs can be learned without formal training. We've included a tutorial chapter (#3 in our manuals) designed to aid you in learning our software. However, depending on your background and the complexity of the programs you want to learn, training can be an invaluable aid to quickly becoming an efficient and productive user of the software.
There are numerous training options available. The most cost effective training options involve training companies that have offices near you or that travel frequently to your area. Shown below is a schedule of upcoming training events around the country. More are being posted all the time, so check frequently for an updated list.
In addition to the posted schedule, the companies listed below also offer custom training services where they travel to you or you travel to them. Many of the companies listed below offer training not only on Elite Software computer programs, but on many other hvac related topics as well. Be sure to click on the logos of the training companies so that you can visit their web sites and learn more of what they offer.
Training for the Trades
- Offering Education Courses for the HVAC/R Industry
- Based in Kentucky, servicing on-site and on-line via the Internet.
- Branch offices in Wilmington, North Carolina, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Fort Worth, Texas.
- Phone: 859-468-6000
- Contact: John Walsh, Elite Software's National Sales Manager and National Trainer
Current Rhvac users can call John at 859-468-6000 for free Rhvac tech support available 24/7. Prospective software buyers can call John for a free 15 minute software training tour. John also provides on-site training and on-line web classes for very reasonable fees. Call for details or visit this webpage for TFTT's training schedule.
- Author of
Hit the Load J and
Now Thatís a Plan
- John is a NATE provider of continuous education. One such course is Training on computerized heat load method number 1117-0004. John also has approval for Continuous Education Units in many states. For example, approved by the State of Texas for a classroom on Rhvac (#4590). Another example: Florida CEU #0009130 "Computerized Residential HVAC Load Calculation." More CEU's for other states and other topics too numerous to list.
- See some past on-site classroom pictures here:
Call John for details on registering for classes.
| Berry Smith, Owner, Classroom Instructor
||Daniel Blanco, Classroom Instructor
- Offering Classes in Texas HVAC Education
- Training on Rhvac, TX Law and Rules - Energy and Mechanical Codes, TX Law/Rules - Structure as a System, Texas Air Conditioning Law and Rules
- Licensed Air Conditioning Contractor TACLB00013263C
- Certified Mechanical Inspector (M5177441-M1)
- Certified Residential Energy Inspector (5177441-79)
- TDLR Licensed Continuing Education Provider (1124)
- Phone: 281-204-7768
- Contact: Berry Smith (Owner, Classroom Instructor), Daniel Blanco (Classroom Instructor)
ResCom has been providing classroom courses for over six years in the Houston Texas area and we pride outselves for offering "Quality Education for the HVAC Professional." Some classes provide Continuing Education Units (CEU).
For a complete schedule of courses visit ResCom Consulting's Class Schedule web page.
Best Green Energy Solutions
- Energy Consulting and Training
- Training on Rhvac, Drawing Board, Manual D Ductsize, and more
- Training Resources for HERS and Energy Star Certification
- Based in Houston Texas with support help in San Antonio, Nacogdoches, Illinois and Oklahoma
- Phone: 832-795-1003
- Contact: Gary C Lewis, Elite Software VP of Energy Support Training
- See bio here
RESNET Certified HERS Rater
Energy Star Partner
Certification Courses offer support to help HVAC License Contractors achieve their certifications quickly and are conducted by Certified HERS and BPI Trainers only.
In conjunction with Best Green Energy Solutions several HVAC courses are offered through the American Institute for Building Performance Standards, including the following:
- RESNET HERS Rater Training Course
- Combined HERS Rater and BPI Building Analyst Training Course
- RESNET Home Energy Survey Professional Training Course
- BPI Building Analyst Training for the HERS Rater and HERS Rater Training for the BPI Certified Professional
The lead instructor at the American Institute for Building Performance Standards has these qualifications:
- Certified Hers Rater, Trainer and Training Provider
- Certified BPI Building Analyst
- BPI Training Affiliate - BPI Field Exam Proctor
- ICC Certified Energy Inspector and Plan Reviewer
- Elite Software Trainer
- 12 Years as a Texas Licensed Home Inspector
- TDHCA Certified Weatherization Instructor
- 8 Years as a Custom Home Builder
- Retired military
For more information, see the American Institute for Building Performance Standards website.
- Indoor Environmental Consultants
- Based in Florida
- Phone: (941) 488-1700
- Contact: Dennis J Stroer
Tradewinds Appropriate Technologies
- Energy and Indoor Air Quality Consultants
- Based in Texas
- Nationwide Manual J load calculations (www.ManualJDesign.com)
- Phone: (254) 799-1326
- Contact: Tim Everett
- Professional Training, Consulting, and Continuing Education
- Based in Florida
- Phone: 386-290-3450
- Contact: Len Gaspary
International Indoor Comfort Research
- Training and Consumer Protection Organization
- Based in Washington State
- Phone: (360) 671-7773
- Contact: Ken Summers
- Advanced classes in ACCA Manuals J, S and D through interactive use of Elite's Rhvac program.
- All classes are scheduled on an as needed basis through SCE ESQI program. Currently, classes only available to SCE ESQI program participating contractors.
- Phone: 951-698-2989
- Contact: Jeff Henning
- California licensed C-20 mechanical contractor directly associated with all aspects of residential new, service & retrofit design and installation for over 35 years.
- Current member of P.A.S.C. & ACCA.
- Former COB and technical director of the California subchapter of the ACCA (CALACCA).
- Currently sits on the ACCA West Coast Advisory committee.
- Current ACCA representative and sub committee chair for the Uniform Mechanical Code (IAPMO).
- Subcommittee chair for the “Western HVAC Performance Alliance,” residential QI.
- Certified ACCA EPIC Residential HVAC Instructor.
- Provides consulting, design review and ACCA Manuals J, S & D instruction and training for the Southern California Edison Energy Star Quality Installation Verification Rebate Program (QI 5).
- Provides heating & air conditioning CMC code compliant ACCA design, consulting and diagnostic testing to large and small residential building & HVAC contractors in the Southern California region.
- Not currently doing HVAC installation.
McWatters Software Consulting
- Ken McWatters, owner
- Former software developer for the Elite Software Fire program
- Professional Engineer in State of Oklahoma
- Offering web based training for the Elite Software Fire, S-Pipe, and D-Pipe software
- Ph: 918-671-5440
Users interested in Training Services are also interested in...
HVACR Training Materials - Get expert training for HVAC professionals.
Rhvac - Calculate Manual J heating and cooling loads for residential buildings.
Drawing Board - Draw floor plans from within Rhvac and calculate loads from them automatically.
Manual D Ductsize - Graphically design residential duct systems from within Rhvac and Drawing Board.
Bill of Materials - Automatically generate parts list with ductwork takeoff from Manual D Ductsize.
Energy Audit - Analyze building energy usage and operating costs.
Proposal Maker - Create professional sales proposals and other documents linked to calculation results.
HVAC Tools - Perform common HVAC design tasks.
PsyChart - Draw printer-friendly psychrometric charts and analyze complex processes.
GasVent - Design venting systems for Category 1 gas appliances.
Chvac - Calculate heating and cooling loads for commercial buildings.